Saturday, April 27, 2013


Psalm 150:6 “Let everything that breathes praise the Lord!  Praise the Lord!”

I love watching the sun come up over the horizon.  Even as I type that I am astonished at my own words.  I used to relish sleeping in and it would take me a couple of hours to really wake up and be present to the day and there are still moments I can see the luxury of sleeping in.  However, there is something about the freshness of the morning that cannot be replaced.  The birds start singing their songs; the sun brings gentle light to the sky and gradually brightens to gleaming gold pouring out over the landscape.  The air is crisp and cool after a soothing night of rest.  I can almost hear the grass and trees stretching their voices of praise to God for another day of life.  As spring continues to unfold its wings the buds of the flowers and the buds on the trees unfold their petals and leaves in glory, singing songs of praise and honor to their Creator.  On this glorious spring day, I encourage us to stretch and unfold our hearts to our Creator as well.  Listen to the earth singing and join in your own song of praise for God is great and with our breath we are called to lift praises to Him!

Lord,
When I look at all of your creation I cannot help but lift my voice in praise to you.  Your world, the universe and all beyond are so glorious.  Thank you for the gift of life and the gift of your love.  I praise your name this day for all you have done and all you will do.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment