Sunday, April 21, 2013


1 John 3:14 “We know that we have passed from death to life because we love one another.  Whoever does not love abides in death.”

I recently read a story about degrees of light and dark, degrees of warmth and cold.  The argument was that there is no darkness or cold there is only absence of light or absence of warmth.  The less light or warmth we have the closer we are to the complete absence of light or warmth.  When I read this verse I could apply that theory to this statement as well.  If we live in love we have fullness of life and as we have less love we have less life.  Death is the complete absence of life.  If I watch the news or read news stories on the internet it seems the world can suck the life right out of me.  It is a slippery slope from being informed to abiding in death.  Our world does not ooze love and light – according to the news stories I see.  God clearly calls me, all of us, to be agents of love and life.  Seek to please God, seek to live in the flow of his everlasting love and life will abound.  In this world of snuffed out light and dampened life, I encourage each of us to be one to spreads life and love, leading our hearts and those around us away from the absence of life in to the fullness of His life and love.

Lord,
Forgive the destruction I have caused by drawing others away from love and light.  Direct my words and my deeds in love and light so that your kingdom is strengthened and we step ever closer to eternal life with you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment