Sunday, April 28, 2013


Luke 18:16-17 “But Jesus called for them and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs.  Truly I tell you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will never enter it.’”

As I was sitting in my rocking chair trying without success to sit and simply listen and be in the presence of the Lord, I heard the familiar thump, thump of my little boy coming down the stairs.  I sighed because now my quiet time was effectively over even though I was not done.  Right then is when this passage came to my heart.  When children are small they come without reservation, fully expecting to receive what they need and never doubting that they will be taken care of.  They are untainted by the world of nuance and innuendo so when they speak it is in their truth.  Maybe this is what Jesus meant when he said these words to his disciples.  Children come with pure intentions, pure desires and pure faith that it will happen.  How would our view change if we would come to the Lord in that same way?

Lord,
Our vision is clouded by the disappointments of this world.  When we look beyond this world and see the truth of your love and grace we are ashamed at our lack of trust and faith.  It is clear that you have never let us down; you have always given us everything we need and much more.  Help us see clearly what you have for us so that we can truly lift our hearts in praise.  Thank you Lord, thank you!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment