Wednesday, April 10, 2013


Psalm 135:3 “Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing to his name, for he is gracious.”

It does not bode well for a quiet day at the Garwood house.  Both kids are not feeling very good and both were up before I even got up for my “quiet” time.  I started my prayers with laments to God about the lack of quiet and missing my alone time with him when this passage was given to me.  I could barely utter the prayers asking for healing of my children’s colds knowing there are children lying in hospital beds with deadly illness ravaging their bodies.  I turned my heart around pretty quickly after that.  As I sat in meditation I felt the grace of God settle into my soul.  In the midst of this little Garwood chaos, He brings peace.  He will bring healing and rest to my children and all children.  We cannot know His ways or His time but I know He is good and He brings wholeness and blessings to His people.  As the sun breaks over the horizon I am singing praises to the Lord.  He has removed the dark cloud of selfishness and replace it will the sunshine of love and blessedness.    I pray that you are filled with this light and love from God today as well.

Lord,
Open our hands so we will release the struggles that keep us down.  Let us see your goodness in our hearts and in our world so that our voices cannot help but to sing praises to you for you are, indeed, good and gracious to us all.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment