Sunday, April 7, 2013


1 John 1:6-7 “If we say that we have fellowship with him while we are walking in darkness, we lie and do not do what is true; but if we walk in the light as he himself is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.”

I was wondering this morning – where do I draw the line?  I really wanted to include verses 5-10 and then go into chapter two because this whole section of 1 John was leaping off of the page into my heart but alas, if I included all that text on this page of devotion, there would be no room for my meditations and that is important for me to write as well.  I would encourage you to read this passage and see what speaks to you.  God is light.  As the sun breaks over the horizon this morning I am rejoicing in the Light.  He dispels all darkness and brings light and love into the deepest darkest places.  He brings healing and grace to those places of hidden secrets; the dungeons of our souls.  Open the creaking doors and allow the light to come in.  Do not fear; He is our comfort and our friend, our Healer and our Savior.  As He comforts, soothes, forgives and heals, the light will flood the darkness and we will all rejoice in truth and love at the beauty.

Lord,
Thank you for all you have done for me and every reader, for all those who do not read.  I cannot abide in your light by my own strength. I do not have what it takes but because of your love and sacrifice I call on your grace and forgiveness and step into the light once more.  Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment