Friday, March 1, 2013


Hebrews 12:28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe”

When I am in the middle of being shaken, it is not easy to be filled with reverence and awe.  It is much easier for me to call out to him asking for the shaking to stop.  His shaking is a purifying process though and without it, I would not be made into the new creation He is making in me. I picture an archaeologist with a sifter.  He gently pours the dirt and artifacts into the sifter and shakes out the waste to reveal the treasure.  This is how we are shaken.  It can feel like our whole world is rocking out of control but in reality the gentleness of the Lord our God keeps us safe and we are cleansed of waste, allowing the treasure he created us to be to break forth.  As we come through this process, his kingdom is revealed in new ways and though we have been shaken, his kingdom will remain forever.  Because we have been shaken, cleansed and redeemed, we can bound forth into his holy kingdom, thanks be to God!

Lord,
Sometimes it feels like a wild ride but I know you have me in your gentle hands.  Thank you for loving us enough to shake the waste and dirt away and allowing us to come into your kingdom renewed and shining as you created us to shine.  I lift your name in praise even as the shaking will continue here; there is no shaking in your holy kingdom.  You and your kingdom remain constant forever and ever.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment