Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Proverbs 3:6 “In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”

There are several people I know that are searching for the path God has set before them.  They are in my prayers because I know how hard it can be to find the path.  At times it seems like the path has not been traveled in a long time.  It is grown over with grasses and bushes, almost completely hidden by trees and undergrowth.  This morning I hear something anew in this verse.  If we acknowledge him in everything we do, everything we say and all we are, our view of Him becomes so much clearer.  As we seek to serve him the path begins to open up without so many brambles in the way.  If we acknowledge him when we nourish our bodies at meals, while we sit in traffic driving to work, running busy errands and shopping for groceries His presence is clear to us.  As we seek to live in Him and focus on Him, the distractions and barriers that were so insurmountable become less and less until the path before us is unmistakable.  It sounds so easy, doesn't it?  It is by the grace of God that we get to try over and over again.  Start today.  Start again tomorrow and then again next day to acknowledge him in all your ways, He will guide you. 

Lord,
You are my heart’s desire but the world distracts me.  I pray that you will strengthen me and all those reading this so that we do acknowledge you in all our ways.  I know it is the only way, I ask you to show me your way again today.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment