Monday, March 11, 2013


2 Corinthians 5:20 “So we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us; we entreat you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

After I looked up the word ambassador in the dictionary this verse made so much more sense to me.  I knew (kind of) what an ambassador was but living in Colorado all of my life I haven’t really needed to know the purpose of an ambassador or what their role really was.  The online dictionary’s second definition seemed to fit the best it says an ambassador is “an authorized representative or messenger”.  So, as believers and followers of Christ, He is calling us to be his representatives and share his message of reconciliation to God with others.  I know from experience that it is usually counter-productive to shout it out on a street corner or make speeches at the top of our lungs.  Most of the people to try to get the message across that way are looked at strangely or completely ignored.  We can best share our message of reconciliation by living it out in our own hearts and lives.  Seek reconciliation in your own heart to God, and then with those closest to you.  As we move into reconciling relationships one by one, the world will receive the message and be blessed by it.

Lord,
The message I hear from you loud and clear is to love others as you love me.  Help me do this.  As I love more and hate less, I am being reconciled to you and to others.  Heal my old battle scars and build a deeper trust so I can be a true ambassador of your message and your love to my family, friends and community.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment