Tuesday, March 12, 2013


Matthew 8:19-20 “A scribe then approached and said, ‘Teacher, I will follow you wherever you go.’  And Jesus said to him, ‘Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.’”

I wonder how the ministry of Jesus would unfold in the world today.  When He walked this earth he walked and rode in boats because those were the modes of transportation for the most part.  Would he drive a car, ride the city buses or continue to walk wherever he went?  Where would he sleep?  I imagine he spent many a night sleeping under the stars of the desert.  Would he be taken into homes of friends and family, homes of his disciples today?  Would he receive blessings for his ministry and funds to continue on his path?  Would he come and sit in the pews of our churches or more likely be teaching down by the South Platte River?  In my cushy warm house, with my coffee pot brewing and breakfast a slim few minutes of work away how can I begin to understand what he and the disciples gave to serve in this ministry?  I type my words of encouragement after sitting in my comfortable rocking chair while people are huddled together with a cardboard box for a home on this chilly morning.  What do I give for his ministry and kingdom?

Lord,
Forgive me for my fickle heart.  Each person I see is a child of yours; open my ears and my heart to hear how you would have me love them.  Help the drop in the ocean that I do to serve help them feel loved.  I pray that someday everyone will know they have a home in you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment