Monday, March 4, 2013


Psalm 43: 3-4 “O send out your light and your truth; let the lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling.  Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and I will praise you with the harp, Oh God, my God.”

There is something comforting and soothing about seeing a light in the distance when you are traveling in darkness feeling a little lost.  Have you ever experienced that?  I remember when I was a child, when we would drive up into the mountains in the dusk and then darkness.  I would search the mountainside for lights.  There were little dots of light that indicated a home here and there so I knew we were not completely alone.  I knew we could go toward that light for help if we needed it.   Finally I would see the one light that grew bigger as we came closer and then we had arrived at Grandma and Grandpas house!  Joy! This chapter is calling for God to send his light and rescue David from the darkness of his enemies.  David knew that he could call out to God and God would come.  He would rescue him with his light and his truth.  God still listens for us to call out to Him.  His light and his truth are his guide for us to come to him.  When we follow the guide and come to his altar, we are in the presence of our soul’s greatest joy!  Celebrate and rejoice for the Lord, our God is our refuge and our help in all times.

Lord,
Thank you for this passage to calm my spirit and remind me one more time to rest in the comfort of your light and truth.  I come to you with praise and thanksgiving because you have given all for me.  Thank you for never giving up on us.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment