Friday, March 8, 2013


Isaiah 55:7 “Let the wicked forsake their way, and the unrighteous their thoughts; let them return to the Lord, that he may have mercy on them, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon”

When I was a child I was a little hesitant of revolving doors.  I had very little experience with them and it made me nervous to try and jump in before it was too late.  Escalators had a similar effect on me.  I had to jump on at just the right time or wait for the next opportunity and try again.  If I didn’t do it just right I could get hurt!  Once I got the hang of it, then I had fun riding up and down over and over again.  The purpose of the revolving door and the escalator is to assist people in getting where they are going, not a child’s toy or fun ride to repeat continuously.  Sometimes it feels like repentance, turning away from sin and toward God, is like a revolving door.  I go through it into the blessed presence and grace of God only to continue around and end up back outside in the darkness of the world.  Each day, I jump into the roundabout again, turn toward the Lord and then before I know it, I have turned away to my own ways once more.  The Lord is gracious though and He has mercy unending.  This verse reminds us of that.  He will abundantly pardon when we turn to him.  Take my hand, we can go in together!

Lord,
Each time I turn to you, I come a little closer and stay a little longer.  Thank you for receiving us all, over and over again.  Cleanse our sins this morning so we can start this new day fresh and renewed through your mercy, I pray in Jesus name, my redeemer and my friend.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment