Monday, March 18, 2013

Psalm 31:3 “You are indeed my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake lead me and guide me”

When I picture a fortress I think of the castles I have seen in the British Isles.  Massive stone castles standing against time; they are still strong and seem impenetrable.  When I head west into the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, the majesty and grandeur of them speak of God to me.  These towers of rock hold life in their palm.  They are shelter for creatures of many kinds.  This is a reminder to me again that God holds us in his palm, protecting us taking care of us. He is my rock and fortress but he is not stone. He is alive, warm and always present.  His arms hold me close, out of harm’s way and in this embrace, I find strength.   I wonder if my kids collect rocks because somewhere inside of them, they want to hold a small reminder of the strength and beauty of God.  The bible tells us the rocks will cry out in praise if we do not so let the rocks we see today remind us to seek Him and praise Him.  Seek his strength, protection and guidance.  He will not turn away from us.

Lord,
We do not always see your presence or even feel it but you are there.  Open our eyes to see the reminders you set before us, guide our vision to see you in our midst.  As we move into our day, protect us from straying away; keep us focused clearly on you and your path of righteousness.  I ask all these things in your name and for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment