Friday, March 22, 2013


Hebrews 10:10-11 “And it is by God’s will that we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.  And every priest stands day after day at his service, offering again and again the same sacrifices that can never take away sins.”

As we come closer to the end of the season of Lent I cannot help but find the gift of this message filled with blessing and love.  I am so glad I do not have to find a yearling calf or a dove or a lamb to bring to sacrifice for my sins.  I do wonder how often I come to the Lord trying to sacrifice something for my sins to no avail.  There is nothing I can offer, nothing I can bring and nothing I can do to earn the forgiveness of God.  God provided the one true sacrifice for every sin I would ever commit and every sin anyone would ever commit.  We are only called to receive the gift of this offering.  He wants us to be sanctified, he wants us to be free from sin and He gives us a gift to enable us to become sanctified and free.  Join me in taking a few moments to stop doing, stop striving and stop offering.  Open your heart and your hands as I do and simply receive the love and forgiveness of our Lord and Savior.  There is nothing like it.

Lord,
As we remember your journey to the cross, help us remember that you willingly gave your life for us.  You knew the plan, you created the plan.  Humble our hearts so that we can see the need we have for you in our lives.  Help us receive your gift and become the gift to you that we can be.  Thank you for new days and for unending grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment