Saturday, March 9, 2013


John 6:12-13 “When they were satisfied, he told his disciples, ‘Gather up the fragments left over, so that nothing may be lost.’  So they gathered them up, and from the fragments of the five barley loaves, left by those who had eaten, they filled twelve baskets.”

Leftovers.  What do you do with them?  I know people who refuse to even eat leftovers at all and I know I am not alone in finding something hidden in the back of the fridge that was forgotten and now needs to be thrown out.  Sometimes there is just a little bit left, a few bites not worth saving.  I found Jesus words interesting here.  Gather the fragments so nothing may be lost.  It makes me wonder what else we toss aside as waste or worthless that He would want us to gather.  What talent or skill do we have that we discount and hide, never even considering it of value?  What people do we toss aside and useless or worthless when in reality they too are precious creations of God?  What situations do we sweep under the rug or into the dustpan and out with the trash that Jesus would have us work on, learn from and grow through?  As we go through another day, as we sit and gaze out into nature that He so lovingly created, let us search our hearts for leftovers that we need to gather up.  Search for the fragments that we had tossed away and gather them so that they may not be lost.

Lord,
What beautiful words these are to my soul.  As the sun comes up on this day, open my eyes so I may see clearly what I need to gather.  Soften my heart so that the fragments you would treasure, I will also treasure.  Guide my gathering Lord, I don’t want to have anything or anyone be lost.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment