Sunday, March 10, 2013


Romans 6: 10-11 “The death he died, he died to sin, once for all’ but the life he lives, he lives to God.  So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.”

Passages like this, that talk about being dead to or free from sin, confound me.  In our human nature, while living this life on earth I know I will never be completely without sin.  It is not possible for us to be sin free but it is completely possible to be free from sin.  Even though we step out of bounds or commit infractions, even though we sin by action or inaction every day, we are not slaves to our sin.  It cannot hold us down and keep us captive anymore.  It is in this way that we are free from sin.  We call on the name of Jesus to bring us back, to forgive us again and to help us step forward in grace.  The Word reminds us that grace is forever and unending.  He has set us free, removed the chains of bondage and we can step out of darkness into light each moment, every day because he died to sin, once for all.  He calls us to come out and live with him.  I begin and end each day searching my heart and asking forgiveness for the sins I find with his help.  When I do this, it allows me to step out into the light, leaving my chains behind me and living in and for God.  Come be alive in the light and love of God through Jesus, the Christ!

Lord,
It is a brand new day and I give thanks to you for it!  Let me heart sing and my feet dance in joy for the love and forgiveness you so freely give.  Help me be a light to others and bring your grace and love to them today.  Thank you Jesus, thank you for your gift of life!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment