Wednesday, March 13, 2013


1 John 3:1 “See what love the Father has given, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are.  The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.”

Do you remember the first time you held a tiny baby in your arms?  They are so precious and beautiful with their soft new skin and their little wrinkles.  They have those tiny little hands all curled up and they just snuggle into you willingly.  Do you remember the first time the children you love spoke words and the first time they took a wobbly step?  The joy and pride that comes from those moments are a treasure.  Even now as I watch my kids learning and growing, there are moments I am taken back by the amazing gift they are to me.  God has blessed me, all of us, with the children in our lives.  Whether they are our own or ones near and dear to us, they are a reminder of how much God loves us.  The love we feel toward these precious children is only a tiny mirror image of how much God loves us as His children.  I still love to sit in the rocking chair and hold my three year old son.  I am a little sad that my seven year old is too big for my lap but I love that she wants to snuggle up with me too.  As they grow and change, my love does not diminish. As we grow and change, God’s love for us does not diminish either.  What an amazing love is this?

Lord God,
Father of my soul, Father of my spirit, Father of my brothers and sisters, I love you.  Thank you for embracing me in your love and for the blessing of knowing your love never ends.  Thank you for helping me see, through my children, the love you have for your children; for me.  Guide me as I grow and learn, help me guide my children too.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment