Thursday, March 21, 2013


Ecclesiastes 3:5 “a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing”

Here is a snapshot of my devotion time this morning.  I was sitting in my chair trying to listen for His word and this verse in Ecclesiastes popped into my head.  “Really?  That is such an obscure book, is this really you or am I just randomly picking books and verses?  Okay, I will go look it up.”... “Oh.  It is you.”  Then I went back to sitting in my chair and pondering what it is that I need to throw away and what I may need to gather.  What am I embracing that needs to be released and what do I need to embrace?  Before this verse was given to me I was thinking about one of my dearest friends who is going through some hard times.  I was asking God about the ebb and flow in life and how some stay in the practice of discipleship regardless of the ebb and flow and some do not.  Why?  Then I received this verse.  Verse 12 says only God knows the beginning to the end and we cannot so I leave you with this:  seek to learn what stones you hold that need to be tossed aside and what stones you need to gather.  Seek to embrace and refrain from embrace by the leading of His Spirit.  Of this I am certain, when we seek He will lead.

Lord,
Thank you so much for this passage.  Open our hearts and minds, our hands and eyes so that we may clearly see and do as you guide us to.  Help us hold only what you would have us hold and release what we no longer need.  I ask this through You and in You.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment