Tuesday, March 5, 2013


John 1:14, 16 “And the Word became flesh and lived among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory as of a father’s only son, full of grace and truth.  From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.”

Each morning I sit in quiet time seeking a word from God.  This morning when I read this passage I was struck by these verses.  The Word, the very thing I seek each morning lives within me.  His Spirit, My Lord, Jesus my Redeemer is the Word.  All the words in this beautiful book I read each day lead to the true Word.  They all point to the God of Moses, Jacob and Abraham and they all point to the Messiah, Jesus the Christ.  I asked myself why I even need this book then if I have Jesus in my heart.  I know the message he gives but I am human and I need to have daily reminders to keep me from falling away from his love.  So here is a story to remind us of love and grace.  I heard of a man who chooses homelessness so that he is not subjected to his wife’s drug addiction.  He works full time so he can provide a home and nourishment for her but does not live there and cannot afford to live anywhere else.  He sacrifices out of love and grace.  We do not know anyone else story, what we know is that everyone has a story.  God loves them despite and because of it.  So should we.  Reach out in grace and mercy today.  Receive the grace and mercy offered to you today.  This will change our world.

Lord,
May your truth and grace fill us to overflowing.  As we are filled inspire us to share with others so that all people receive this grace upon grace.  You are God of abundance.  Thank you for all you have given and keep giving.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment