Sunday, March 17, 2013


2 Corinthians 5:9 “So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.”

There is no place like home.  When I go on a vacation or trip it is fun to travel and see people and places but as the journey comes close to an end I am usually ready to be home.  Sometimes I stop really seeing the enjoyment in the journey I have remaining because I have already begun to focus on being home.  This is also true for me in my spiritual life.  I cannot count how many times I have said out loud that I am ready to go home.  I long for the day when I can sit in the glory of heaven, worshiping and praising my Lord with no more sadness, no more strife; only joy and love beyond my imagination.  Yet, the Lord has placed me on this journey in this time and in this place for a reason.  I will not lose the longing for home but I need not and should not lose the blessing of the journey while I am away.  I cannot fully please him if I am not living the journey as he has designed it for me.  As I journey, I receive joy in my children and my spouse.  I worship and praise Him in my prayer and my music.  I honor Him in my teaching and my work.  I seek Him in the midst of this journey and He is here.  We are not alone in this journey away from home.  Let’s join together in seeking to please Him in this time away from home.

Lord,
Thank you for this verse.  Thank you for reminding me again that wherever I am, I aim to please you.  Help me find pleasure in the journey more and more each day until the day when you bring me home.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment