Saturday, March 23, 2013


Philippians 4:9 “Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.”

This week in our school, my daughter made a WWJD bracelet.  It was interesting to talk with her about what that means and when we would ask ourselves the question “what would Jesus do?”  Later that day and during the rest of the week I could see her working on that in her mind.  It has been years now since that phase of so many kids wearing those bracelets and most everyone knowing that catch phrase but I think this verse calls me to bring that phrase back into our home and into my days.  Jesus came to earth to teach us and show us how to live in the love and light of God.  He came as a living example to guide us in the truth and the way.  My daughter offered to make me a bracelet and I declined but today I think I will let her make me one too.  It would serve as a little reminder every time I see it to ask myself “what would Jesus do?”    Write it on the palm of your hand for a day, stick a note with those letters in your pocket or hang a note on your mirror.  Let’s start a new old fad and follow the ways of Jesus.  Peace be with you.

Lord,
Thank you for this wonderful reminder that you showed us the way and you continue to show us through your word and your Spirit. Help us receive the blessing of your guidance with open arms and open hearts.  As we learn to walk with you, let us spread the peace we receive to others around us so that there will be peace on earth as it is in heaven.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment