Wednesday, February 6, 2013


Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.”

Light has not yet begun to peek over the horizon.  Soon there will be a gentle glow as daylight begins and darkness fades in the morning.  Can we bring a glow of light in this world of darkness?  How can we bring forth the daylight of Christ?  When we infuse our daily tasks, our morning routine, whatever we do with the love of God we shine his light into the world.  When we seek to serve the Lord with our thoughts and our actions we shine the light of God in our day.  This passage talks about setting your light up on a hill for all to see.  Jesus reminds us that no one lights a lamp and then hides it so no one can see the light.  We turn on the lights in our homes so that we can see better and bring a sense of warmth.  When I take time to sense the light of Christ in my heart, I see more clearly and there is a sense of warmth coming from Him in the midst of whatever I am doing.  He calls us to share this light; to let it shine for others so we might bring glory to God.    I end with this ...”This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine...”

Lord,
Disperse any darkness that lurks and let your light fill my heart and soul.  As I move forward in this day, help me to share your light so that darkness will flee from others as well.  I ask this in the name of my savior Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment