Thursday, February 21, 2013


Numbers 6:24-26 “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.”

Last night when I was putting my daughter to bed, I sang a song I know with these words in it.  I wasn't sure I remembered all of them correctly so when I was done tucking her in I came to look it up on the computer.  It is always such a nice surprise when I find that a song I sing in my heart is based on a scripture.  The passage right before this blessing talks about the Nazirites setting themselves apart for the Lord; to be holy unto him.  As I read all the things they did to be holy in the sight of the Lord I asked myself this: How do I set myself apart to be holy unto Him?  Through the sacrifice of Jesus, the Lamb of God, we have been given the gift of forgiveness.  It is because of this, we can be holy in the sight of the Lord.  Do I blend in to the world around me or am I different?  Do people who don’t know me ever wonder what is different about me?  Take time this morning to soak your soul in this blessing of old.  When we are filled with his grace and blessings, we are different.

Lord,
Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Help me make a difference in the world around me by sharing the grace and the peace you have poured out on me.  Remind me that I am made holy in your sight, guide me to live in that holiness and cleanse me once more when I falter.  Thank you Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment