Monday, February 4, 2013


1 John 3:23 “And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.”

I woke up with a start this morning.  I am an hour later than usual.  I thought I set my alarm, I checked it before I went to bed but somehow I was wrong.  It was hard to quiet my mind and soul to sit in the presence of the Lord and listen this morning.  When I was led to this passage my first thought was that we have already been there.  This message is written throughout the books of the New Testament.  I know I have written about this before.  Then it struck me.  If this message is written over and over again in the bible, it bears repeating.  People are forgetful.  We hear the messages and try to live according to the word but before we even blink we start to slide back our human ways.  I need to let go of the hands on the clock and hold the hand of my savior, Jesus Christ.  I need to release control of my day and allow the grace and love of Christ to be my guide for today.  I thank the Lord for that extra sleep and the blessing of still giving me quiet time.  I thank the Lord for my husband who let me sleep in out of kindness and consideration.  I thank the Lord for my kids who are still sleeping as I write this, by the grace of God.  Now I go forward in my day and do my best, with the guidance of the Spirit, to love as He commanded us to love.

Lord,
Thank you for all you do and all you give.  We are blessed; help us live as a blessed people so we honor you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment