Friday, February 22, 2013


Psalm 91:1-2 “You who live in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, will say to the lord, ‘My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust.”

There are days I feel like my mind never stops whirling.  If I were a cartoon, there would be so many conversation bubbles that nothing else would be in the frame.  This morning when I came to sit in my quiet time, it was a challenge to reign myself in and simply be in the presence of the Most High.  It is so easy for me to get caught up in the business and troubles of the world around me and when I do, they threaten to overwhelm me.  In His mercy, God led me to this passage in Psalms today.  I live in the shelter of the Most High.  I can breathe deeply and find deep peace in his shadow.  Like sitting under the shade of a beautiful and strong tree, He refreshes me.  The world around me can threaten to drag me down but He is my fortress, and He will shelter me, keeping me safe in His presence.  I lift the people I love, the sorrows of my heart and the brokenness of the world to the Lord.   I rejoice because He is the Almighty.  All are welcome in the fortress of the Lord, come abide in his loving and gracious shadow.  Release your worries and troubles and trust in Him.

Lord,
I am humbled by your mercy over and over.  I thank you for this passage to remind me that you are, in fact, the Most High.  Regardless of all else, you are my Lord, my protection; my shelter in the storms of life.  I will abide in You.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment