Saturday, February 2, 2013


Psalm 51:12 “Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and sustain in me a willing spirit.”

I just want to say that when I read this Psalm, I thought I should memorize the whole thing.  The heading in my bible right above the first verse says “Prayer for Cleansing and Pardon”.  Who of us could not use a beautifully written confession?  David wrote this after he had been confronted by Nathan about the sin he committed with Bathsheba.  I lift a quick prayer that none of us reading this are in the throes of that particular sin, but sin is sin and we all fall short of the glory of God.  There is not one of us reading this or even any that aren't that could not use a prayer for cleansing and pardon.   It was easy for me to find sins of pride and selfishness, sins of thoughtlessness and hardheartedness.  I encourage you to open your bible to this chapter, or if you don’t have one handy, you can look it up on the internet (thank you God!).  Find a quiet space and ask the Lord to show you what needs cleaning.  He is faithful and merciful.  He will show you and then in your petition for forgiveness He will forgive!  This is the joy of our salvation!

Lord,
Bend my will to yours.  Sustain in me a willing spirit that will call on you and receive your everlasting love and forgiveness. Give my voice courage to sing out your praises to all the earth.  Joy is mine, thanks to you!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment