Thursday, February 7, 2013


Romans 8:15-16 “For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption.  When we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’ it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God.”

I love my quiet time.  Despite the tiredness in my mind and body the blessings of the Word of God lift me up.  I was focused on Genesis 1:27 which says God created us.  Then this little passage came to me.  From the very beginning of time God has loved each one of us.  He lovingly took time to form our fingers and toes, to shape our arms and legs just so.  Even more importantly, He set our spirit into the depths of our being and breathed his Spirit of Life into us.  There is a part of God in each one of us because He is our creator, our Father.  Look at the children in your life.  Oh, how human they can be but there is a beauty in them beyond words; they are precious and treasured. I cannot imagine my life without my kids.  They are a part of me and I am a part of them.  As we live together, we pour ourselves into each other and we will always be entwined.   This is how it is with God.  We are so precious to him.  We are his children.  I encourage you to look for God in each of his children you see today and remember that we are all precious to Him.

Lord,
Forgive me for closing my eyes to the beauty you have set in each one of us.  Guide my steps today so I do not get ensnared in the traps of human failings but allow me to walk in grace, embracing your children in love.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment