Wednesday, February 13, 2013


Psalm 150: 3-4 “Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp!  Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!”

Sometimes I feel a lot like Cinderella.  I have worked so hard, struggling in the trenches to get things done and when I finally clean myself up and get ready to present myself to the Prince, my finery gets torn to bits by the harsh desires of the world around me.  I wish I had a fairy godmother to spin me the finery that she had in the story.  The thing I come to remember as I see this unfold in my mind is that God sees me in all my finery through the eyes of Jesus.  I may think I am dressed in dirty rags from being dragged through the muck and mud but to Him, I shine like the sun because I have been washed in the blood and cleansed by the healing love of the Christ!  Let the ball commence!  Let the music play on and in thankfulness and with a grateful heart, I step forth and move to the beautiful music.  He is the Lord of the Dance, and even when I step on toes or if my hem gets torn a bit in the dance, I dance on to honor and celebrate all He has done for me; for all.  We all have rags to riches stories.  Take the hand of the Lord of the Dance; celebrate all He has given us!

Lord,
Thank you for the beauty you created in me and in all your children.  Open our ears to hear the music and move our souls to dance in praise and honor of you.  You take our hands and lead us to the floor and the dance goes on!  Hallelujah!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment