Tuesday, February 19, 2013


Psalm 71:14 “But I will hope continually, and will praise you yet more and more.”

So often, when I am sitting in prayer or study of scripture, time flies by.  I gaze at the clock and cannot fathom where the time went!  Sometimes one hour seems like five minutes.  There are certainly days and times where the clock never seems to move.  I remember days when I used to work outside of the home, many of us were watching the clock, waiting for it to reach the blessed time to leave for lunch or leave for the day.  It seemed to take forever!  When we are enjoying ourselves, having a good time and feeling happy, time moves more quickly and when we are weighed down and struggling through the moment at hand it seems it will never end.  As I begin another day in the season of Lent, I am reminded to pray.  1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to pray without ceasing.  This Psalm reminds us to live in hope and praise God more and more.  Today I will serve the Lord in whatever I do, I will pray in hope and give thanks and praise for all the blessing He has already given us.  Will you join me?

Lord,
Guide my heart and my hands so that my thoughts and my deeds may be a good prayer to you.  Let the meditations of my heart and the words of my mouth lift praises to your name.  Open my eyes to see the many blessings you give and the work of your hand in this world.  Thank you Lord!  Thank you for your grace and mercy, thank you for everything.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment