Friday, February 8, 2013


Galatians 1:10 “Am I now seeking human approval, or God’s approval?  Or am I trying to please people?  If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ.”

Why do we do the things we do?  When I used to work outside the home, I would receive reviews from my boss on how I was doing.  Before that, in school, we received grades on the work we would produce and its quality.  When we were small children we would seek the approval of our parents or our friends.  From the time we are little, we learn to seek the approval of those around us.  As we walk the paths of our spiritual journeys we are awakened to a new purpose, a new reason to do what we do.  As Christians, we are servants of Christ, not servants of the world.  We may still be subject to human approval for tasks and jobs we have to do, but if we seek the approval of Christ in our jobs, we work to bring glory to him in whatever we do.  We quickly realize what things do not bring him glory and it is easy to lay those aside if we are living in him.  It is when we lose sight of him that we begin to serve humans and ourselves again.  As we go into another day of service, let’s keep Jesus in our sights.  Look for his nod of approval or a smile on his face and we will feel joy in what we are doing.  To God be the glory!

Lord,
We have things we must do and things we enjoy doing.  Help us find joy in all things as we seek to bring glory to your kingdom.  Help me teach my children to serve you above all else so they may find the true joy of serving you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment