Tuesday, February 5, 2013


Psalm 57:7-8 “My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast.  I will sing and make melody.  Awake, O harp and lyre!  I will awake the dawn.”

Music is a language.  It does not use words to communicate its message but with notes strung together in a melody or harmony a message is shared with everyone who hears it.  Music can bring a message of love, strive or healing.  It can share a message of hope or despair; brokenness or wholeness.  When I struggle to find peace in my heart I know I can sing to the Lord and peace will come.  The songs in church are so beautiful to me because they put prayers and praises to music that resonates within my soul so deeply.  Music takes the message out of my head and moves it into my soul.  Whether you sing songs in your heart or with you voice, lift a song to the Lord!  Find songs on the radio or on a CD that draw you into the presence of the Lord.  Listen to the music of nature as it awakens and moves to the rhythm of the day.  Join me in songs of adoration and praise to the God of gods, the Lord of lords.  He is steadfast and merciful so I lift songs to awake the dawn and my soul will sing throughout the day.

Lord,
May the music in my heart and voice bring you glory and honor.  Help the thoughts and meditations of my heart be music to your ears.  Open my ears to hear the music of others so we may join together in one voice singing praises to you and your Holy name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment