Saturday, February 23, 2013


Philippians 2:4-5 “Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others.  Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus.”

This morning we are getting ready to head up to the mountains for a day of play in the snow.  I have not skied in several years and I am looking forward to it.  There is a part of me that would rather stay home, not deal with the traffic and the chaos of checking my daughter in at ski school.  Since my son is too young to ski at the area we are going to, He and my husband will go tubing in the morning and then I will switch with my husband in the afternoon.  The grump in me says this is all such a hassle.  I don’t even get to ski with my husband or my kids today.  Poor me.  I choose this day to be a blessing rather than sit in the darkness and gloom of pouting.  As we drive I will pray for those on the road with us.  As I ski down the slopes I will give thanks for the beauty and the stillness that surround me.  As I spend time with my family this afternoon, I will share in the joy of their experiences this day.  This day, my heart will be filled with the joy and peace that only He can give.  I will share this heart of joy and peace with my family so they will find joy and peace in this day as well.  I will love as He loves.  In this way, I will strive to be of the same mind as Christ.

Lord,
I lift my heart into your hands.  Fill me with love, peace, kindness, self-control, patience, goodness, generosity, faithfulness and gentleness.  I want to be like you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment