Sunday, February 17, 2013


1 Timothy 2:1 “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone”

This is one thing I really love to do; I love to pray.  When I come to the Lord in my prayer time I feel his presence surround me and that time with Him is a treasure.  It isn't always like this though.  There are days I can’t seem to focus or stay grounded enough to really enjoy my prayer time but I don’t give up, I keep practicing because I know it takes discipline.   Prayer is just one of the disciplines I am interested in learning.  There are disciplines of celebration, fasting and service, as well as disciplines of sacrifice, confession and study.  The list goes on and I know it will take a lifetime to learn even a drop about each of them.  I know some call to me and some do not so much.  During this season of Lent, many people sacrifice something in remembrance of the Lord’s ultimate sacrifice for us.  As Paul encouraged Timothy to pray, I encourage you to pray.  Grow closer to the Lord during this time before Easter.  What are you feeling drawn to learn?  If you seek, you will find it.

Lord,
Thank you for the breathtakingly beautiful sunrise this morning. Thank you for all the gifts you give us each day.  Thank you for the gift of prayer.  Guide us all; friends, foes, nations and world to the foot of your throne so we may come to praise you in one voice now and forever.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment