Friday, February 15, 2013


Isaiah 46:9-10 “remember the former things of old, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like me, declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done, saying ‘My purpose shall stand, and I will fulfill my intention’”

This passage in Isaiah deals with the worship of idols.  The people had fallen away from God and were praying to gods created by people.  These verses call to remind them that there is no other God before Yahweh, He is the Almighty.  He is the One, Alpha and Omega.  He spoke and it happened; He speaks and it happens.  What idols do I put before God?  What things or people keep me from praying to and serving the one true God?  Is it that one TV show I can’t miss?  Is it that instant connection to the happenings in my world via the internet?  Is the jealousy of what others have that I do not or is it the judgment of others that “worship” these idols?  Today I search my heart again, uprooting anything that pulls me away from the one true God and serving his purpose.  I will seek to serve the Lord in word and deed, working to assist in fulfilling His intention.

Lord,
Show me where I err.  Bring to me the things that I have set before you so that I can banish them from me and focus on your presence and your purpose.  Forgive me for losing sight of you and your kingdom.  You are my God.  I lift your name on High and I worship you and serve you with all that I am and all that you are creating me to be.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment