Monday, February 11, 2013


Genesis 3:9-10 “But the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, ‘Where are you?’ He said, ‘I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.’”

My kids love to play hide and seek and as they get older they get much better at hiding and keeping quiet while the person who is “it” searches for them.  Isn’t it interesting how we never stop hiding, even as adults?  We become masters at hiding what we do not want to be seen or even acknowledge ourselves.  Just as I often know where my kids are hiding, God knew then and He knows now.  He knows where we are hiding and what we hide.  He knows that we need to be the ones to come out on our own.  We need to be able to show what we are hiding before we can release it.  He will not snatch it or pry open our hands to force it away.  He does not come and yank us from our hiding places.  He calls “Ollie, Ollie, oxen free” and waits for us to come in when we are ready.  I heard him calling and I am coming out of hiding.  He will greet me with love and grace.  He will receive my hidden secrets with love and grace and as I release them to Him, the empty spots where those secrets were hidden will be filled with His love and grace.  Will you join me in the free space?

Lord,
Forgive me for holding on so long.   I run to you now taking full advantage of the freedom you offer.  Take all my hurts, all my secrets and replace them with your healing love so I can go out and draw others in to your freedom too.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment