Sunday, February 10, 2013


Obadiah verse 15 “For the day of the Lord is near against all the nations.   As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall return on your own head.”

Is it just me or does it seem like our nation is in some kind of a tail spin?  If I watch the news or read articles on the internet, the stories tell me our nation is headed for financial ruin.  There are battles brewing about everything from gun control to immigration, gay rights to national defense.  Not only do battles wage on the national level, there are battles fought even on the individual level.  When I am making music do I seek reward from others; am I proud of what I do or am I seeking to bring hearts to God?  When I am teaching my children am I seeking power or seeking to bring hearts to God?  I cannot win the battles of the nation but what I can do is work to do the will of the Lord in my own heart and life.  Just as nations fail, we all fail.  The blessing we have is the unending grace of God through Jesus.  He continues to seek the hearts of Israel; He continues to seek our hearts.   Take time to pray for your own heart, hearts of those you love and the hearts of nations.  May God’s love and peace fill them all.

Lord,
I pray for peace on earth and good will toward men but even as I utter the words, I know those things must come from me.  We are the people to share what you sent through Jesus.  We are the ones to spread your peace and good will.  Help us live as Jesus lived and help us be the people you created each of us to be, all for your glory.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment