Friday, August 23, 2013

Revelation 21:6 “Then he said to me, ‘It is done!  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.  To the thirsty I will give water as a gift from the spring of the water of life.’”

Yesterday I was online looking at pictures of stars.  There are blue stars and red stars; there are yellow stars and green stars.  When I look up into the night sky in a dark place, I am in awe of the vastness of God’s world.  This week my kids and I have all been under the weather with coughs and sore throats.  It is pretty easy to have a pity party when you don’t feel good and neither do the kids.  When I was looking at stars yesterday I carried that sense of awe with me the rest of the day and into the night.  God created the heavens...  we know of no end to the heavens and to think the Creator of all wants to ease our pain, soothe our suffering and rejoice with our joys is mind boggling.  As we follow the path of our earthly journeys it would be good to remember that we are here for only a blink of an eye and then we move into a new and eternal realm of being with the Alpha and the Omega.  This great and Almighty God wants to commune with you and me.  Wow!

Lord,
I am humbled at your love for each one of us in view of all you have made and all you maintain.  As I ask for healing in my family for these tiny encumbrances I also thank you for the healing you provide to so many every day.  I live my raspy voice in praise and adoration to you this day.  Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment