Monday, August 12, 2013

Genesis 2:7 “then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and the man became a living being.”

Dust can be such a nuisance.  When we camped with my Dad earlier this summer, there was an abundance of dust.  My little boy played in the dust for hours each day and both kids were covered in it by the end of each day.  Kyle used his trucks and earth mover toys to push the soft dirt around and his imagination soared.  He had great fun.  Soft light brown dust is what I picture when I read this scripture.  Where I grew up the color of dirt and dust is light; there is not much substance to it.  The dirt that I garden with has substance.  It is dark and rich; you can smell the nutrients in it.  Either way, it is hard for me to imagine that dust or dirt being formed into a person.  God’s imagination is wild!  Every tree, plant and creature on this planet was created and designed by Him.  He took dirt and created.  He made all from nothing.  He made beautiful things from dust and gave them life.

Lord,
When I revisit the creation story I am amazed all over again.  As I spend time with family and friends, as I sit under the shade of my tree and sip a cool drink help me remember this verse.  When I lament at the world and its brokenness, remind me that you make beautiful things from dust.  Thank you for the beauty you create out of what seems useless. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment