Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Philippians 2:13 “for it is God who is at work in you, enabling you both to will and to work for his good pleasure.”

I am berating myself a bit this morning.  The alarm went off as usual but I just couldn’t wake up.  My head cold is getting much better but it got the best of me this morning.  I woke up an hour late and just couldn’t get myself into quiet mode as I looked at the clock and knew I needed to start getting the kids up and around for school.  Sigh...  I tried to rush through and grab a verse from the Lord quickly but nothing was clicking.  Now that my little boy is dropped off at preschool and my daughter is getting herself ready for the day I finally have a few moments of quiet time.  It was tempting to just forego it today but I knew I missed it yesterday morning because we did a “campout” at my Dad’s house.  I need my quiet time, we all do and I will not break this discipline I have grown in.  This verse reminds me why this is so important to me.  My daily quiet time allows me to center around God, to sit in His presence and listen for His message to me.  When I take time to do this, I feel better equipped to have God at work in me, enabling me to will and work for His good pleasure.

Lord,
Forgive me for missing our special time together and thank you for the rest to heal my body.  Thank you for these encouraging words to guide our hearts and actions today and each day, knowing you work in us to glorify your kingdom and your purposes.  We are yours; you are ours.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment