Monday, August 26, 2013

Deuteronomy 5:7 “you shall have no other gods before me.”

What is your number one priority?  What is the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last thing you think of when you lay down?  What things do you look forward to doing or seeing or hearing more than anything?  I love ringing handbells; making music.  I love writing and reading and I love (apparently) being on the computer checking in on my social network. Oh, and I love my sleep!  But when all is said and done, I love my Lord above all.  Do my actions and words reflect that?  Do I place other things before God?  I believe we all do this on occasion.  Our hearts get distracted with our own desires and wishes, we let go of the truth that God is God and that we are not.  We begin seeking fulfillment in other things like money, entertainment or in other people.  When we take our eyes off of the Lord our God and focus on something or someone else for our fulfillment we have placed another god before Him.  When we begin to serve those things or people instead of the one true God, we have become idolaters.  Join me in the search for things that have taken the place of the Lord our God.  He will reveal those things to us so that we can release them and repent unto the Lord.  In his infinite grace, when we turn back to Him, he forgives and continues to love.

Lord,
Please show me what I need to confess to you so that I can acknowledge those and release them.  You are the one true God.   Guide me to keep you as my God always.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment