Friday, August 9, 2013

Galatians 3:5 “Well then, does God supply you with the Spirit and work miracles among you by your doing the works of the law or by your believing what you heard?”

I am really struggling with this for some reason.  I thought I had moved passed this law versus grace thing in my journey but apparently not.  It looks like the Galatians were struggling with it too.  Paul is really laying it out to the Galatians in this passage.  He does not spell out what they were doing but he is very unhappy with their behavior based on the scolding he gives them.  I have a Christian friend who follows some of the Jewish law.  Her family observes Sabbath from Friday evening to Saturday evening.  They eat a kosher diet and they celebrate Jewish festivals.  I didn’t have the opportunity to talk with her about it before they moved away but it stirred up a lot of questions and this passage stirs up those questions again.  How should I be living my life?  Are there things I could be doing to live deeper in the Lord?  As I ponder those questions the answer seems so simple.  Believe in what you know and listen to the Spirit.

Lord,
Help me let go of the ropes.  I like to try to run the show but I need to let go and let you.  Help me cling to what I know; Jesus is my Messiah, and your Spirit guides me as I listen.  Open my ears and my heart to your guidance as I continue to study your word and do your work in the world.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment