Wednesday, August 14, 2013

John 7:37-38 “On the last day of the festival, the great day, while Jesus was standing there, he cried out, ‘Let anyone who is thirsty come to me, and let the one who believes in me drink.  As the scripture has said ‘Out of the believer’s heart shall flow rivers of living water””

Living water paints a refreshing picture in my mind.  I see a crystal clear stream flowing through a green and lush meadow with tall trees shading the banks of the stream.  It is not silent flowing water, it dances over rocks in the stream bed and there are enticing splashing sounds over a small water fall.  The stream beckons to my thirst.  There is dryness in my mouth that I know will be satisfied by a long, cool drink from this stream.  I can almost taste the clean, cool water now.  Our soul thirsts for the living water Jesus offers.  He beckons to each of us to believe and to come and drink.  As we drink in his living water, it fills our soul and refreshes us.  It restores us and then from us the living waters flow to others.  This is the Spirit of God.  God pours his flowing living Spirit into our hearts and then the Spirit flows from our hearts bringing others to the living waters of God.  It is a beautiful picture in my heart and mind.

Lord,
Thank you for your living word and living water.  I am continually refreshed by your Spirit through the grace of Jesus, my redeemer.  Allow me to be a channel for the flow of your living water to others so that all who are thirsty may come and partake in this beautiful living water.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment