Sunday, August 25, 2013

2 Corinthians 3:16-17 “but when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.  Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”

Picture this with me:  We are being led down a path with a veil over our faces so we cannot see.  Our hands are bound and our feet are shackled so we cannot go where we are not led.  We move in darkness and fear.  Something we hear causes our hearts to stop.  We pause and listen again.  Someone is calling us; someone is calling our name!  How can this be?  We continue down the path in darkness not trusting our own ears or hearts.  Then we hear it again.  The voice is clearly speaking to us.  Risking nothing (for we are being led to death) we turn to the voice and the veil is lifted.  In that moment we see nothing but pure Love and Light.  As we are filled with the presence of our salvation He removes the bindings from our hands and feet.  He releases us from the captors that were leading us in darkness and fear and in Him we are truly free!  As we rejoice in our freedom from bondage let us keep our eyes focused on the Savior who freed us, let us keep listening to the voice of the Spirit who calls us and leads us in Love and Light.  Let us dance and sing in joy to the Lord who sets us free!

Lord,
I lift my voice, my hands and my heart in adoration and thanksgiving for the freedom you bring to all; to me.  Guide my steps going forward so that I grow into the being of light and love you are creating me to be.  I live in freedom!  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment