Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ephesians 3:7 “Of this gospel I have become a servant according to the gift of God’s grace that was given me by the working of his power.”

Doubt whispers in my ear.  Who am I to think I could write daily devotions?  How do I possibly think I am worthy?  As I read this passage of Paul’s letter I wonder if he heard the same voices occasionally.   We can wallow in those dark voices and allow them to stall us or we can listen to the voice of truth that reminds us we are forgiven children of God.  The grace of God overrides any voices of doubt or condemnation.  Paul was a persecutor of the gospel and the followers of it.  God struck him blind on the road to Damascus and brought healing and true sight to him over time.  As Paul began to understand and believe, he followed his calling to teach others what he now knew.  After years of living in ignorance I cracked open my bible and began to study God’s word.  God finally got my attention and his grace brings healing and true sight to me.  I cannot help but share what I experience.  It is through the grace of God that I have become a servant of the gospel.

Lord,
You have given so much to us.  We trudge through our days unaware of the gifts we do not use.  Open our eyes as you did Paul’s so we truly see you and what you call us to do.  Pour your grace on us again so we become willing servants of your gospel truth, servants of you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment