Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight.”

I need to print this verse and paste it onto every book and tool I use for school.  As I prepare for school to start next week I hold trepidation in my heart.  How do I teach my daughter everything she needs to know in the best possible way?  How do I instill the love of learning in her heart?  I have curriculum for all of the subjects that need to be learned and the teaching manuals are pretty user friendly.  The struggle comes in teaching so she can learn and enjoy most of it.  The only way this year will be a success is if I lock this verse into my memory banks and my heart.  I need to keep it at the forefront of my mind and on the tip of my tongue so it is constantly there as a reminder of who is really in charge of our school and our learning.  He is invited to guide me as the teacher and my daughter as the student.  I prepare for this school year knowing we will both learn a lot if we will trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not rely on our own insight.

Lord,
I teach because you lead me to teach.  Grant me the resources and support I need to be successful in teaching what you would have my children learn.  As they learn reading and writing, math and science, help them also learn to trust in you and not in their own knowledge.  As I teach and learn, help me trust in you as well.  Thank you for your promise to give what we truly seek.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment