Thursday, August 22, 2013

Acts 11:21 “The hand of the Lord was with them, and a great number became believers and turned to the Lord.”

The persecution of Jesus disciples and followers was rampant.  Stephen had just been stoned to death for his preaching of the gospel truth and the believers scattered from Jerusalem.  They were afraid...  it is hard for me to imagine fearing for my life because of my faith.  I sit at my computer and send out scripture verses across the internet without a thought of danger to my being.  These followers feared for their life because of their beliefs.  I know there are places where persecution to the death still occurs but it is easy to forget about it.  These disciples that were scattered to different cities could not keep quiet.  They had to tell their story wherever they were.  Have you ever felt that way?  Have you ever felt such a strong urge that you could not ignore it; you had to follow it at all cost?  The Lord is always there; His hand is with us just as it was with these people so long ago.  As we begin a new day let us take a moment to feel the hand of the Lord with us.  Jehovah – shammah ; the Lord is there.

Lord,
I come on bended knee this morning.  Your power and might are awesome and in the midst of that awe I feel your mercy and love pour out over me.  Be with each of us today as we go into this world to serve as best as we can.  Let us feel your hand with us giving us courage and strength, comfort and peace.  Thank you for being ever present.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment