Sunday, August 4, 2013

Psalm 34:1 “I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.”

I had just walked back down the stairs after quietly telling my son he needed to stay in his room.  I walked down the stairs in prayer asking that I would be granted a quiet time despite my boy already being awake.  When I looked up this Psalm I felt ashamed.  All through scripture there are reminders to praise and worship; extol and lift up the Lord.  Be thankful always and be joyful.  Paul tells us these things again in 1 Thessalonians.  Be joyful, pray without ceasing, give thanks in everything, do good things...  As the Lord lifts the guilt from my heart for not always being thankful and I feel the gentle nudge of joy seeping in I relax into the “sonshine” and warmth of the Lord.  I lift a prayer for family and friends; I lift prayers for my neighbors and nation.  I lift a prayer of praise and thanksgiving for the blessings God has given me.  I lift praises to Him for redeeming me; for redeeming all.  Psalm 34:3 says “O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.”  Let us lift our hearts, hands and voices in exaltation today!

Lord,
Thank you for forgiving me yesterday, today and tomorrow.  It is only through Jesus that I am made righteous to come into your presence.  I come blessing your holy name, joining together with many voices in praise and adoration.  I pray to you and lift praise to you this moment; this day.  I rejoice in you always and in all ways.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment