Saturday, August 31, 2013

Psalm 139:15-16 “My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.  In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed.”

I have always doubted that God actually has a book that he logs things down in and I am still sure he does not have pen and paper in hand.  As I pondered these verses I could see God as a scientist.  He created water by combining hydrogen and oxygen; he created plants that generate oxygen and people that generate carbon dioxide; plants and people work together for survival.  The complexity of the science grows from there and never ends.  Scientists keep logs about what they do, how it worked and what didn’t work.  If God has a book, I see it more like a book of memories rather than experiments.  The Supreme God of all does not forget his creations; He does not forget anything.  He formed each and every one of us from frame to soul and placed us in this time and space together for a purpose.  Maybe He is less a scientist and more the Divine Artist and we are his works of art...

Lord,
There is nothing seen or unseen that you did not create.  Thank you for the beauty that surrounds us, creations that please all of our senses.  Help us see ourselves as part of that beauty and move in the rhythm you created us to.  Guide each of us, your works of art, in the dance of life.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment