Monday, August 19, 2013

Hebrews 12:3 “Consider him who endured such hostility against himself from sinners, so that you may not grow weary or lose heart.”

Going through the motions is a saying that epitomizes my feelings as of late.  I get so bone tired of the struggles of this life.  There is story after story of doom and gloom, hatred and violence, apathy and abuse.  As the day wore on yesterday and through the night last night the heaviness weighed me down.  By this morning I was really asking how much longer do I have to do this thing on earth?  What is the purpose if I am just going through the motions?  When I came to this verse in Hebrews, what more was there to say?  Consider Jesus.  He died so we could live, he died and rose and gave us the Holy Spirit so that we all would have God in our midst.  The Holy Spirit gives us hope in the midst of struggle.  As I sat in the arms of my Lord just soaking in the Love, I was reminded that it all comes down to basics.  Love; love as he loved us; love because he loved us.  When I hold love in my heart, I am not weary and my heart is renewed, so I press on in love and in hope.

Lord,
Thank you for your love.  Thank you for coming and teaching us how to love.  Help us consider and remember you and your sacrifice that we might live and have life abundantly.  Lead us out in thanksgiving with renewed hearts to serve and love in this world until you call us home.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment