Sunday, July 6, 2014


Have you ever had a dream that seemed so real you could not convince your heart it was only a dream?
I had a dream like that last night.  When I woke I knew the dream could not be true but I still keep asking myself, what if?  My dream left me feeling betrayed and abandoned and when I woke up enough I had the phrase “I am yours and you are mine” going through my head.
The state of the world seems like a bad dream.  We live in a world of cold betrayal.  There are lies and deception on every corner; in every heart.  What we see is not always what we get and if we put ourselves out there we are just as likely to get burned as to be affirmed.
Maybe this is a bad dream and not reality.  Maybe reality is not truth.
I read this passage and these verses resonate so deeply.  I take courage knowing there are some who call on the Lord, some who take hold of him.  I hold the truth that he is our Father; we are all the work of his hand.  I pray to him for cleansing, purification, renewal and revival.

Lord,
You are mine and I am yours.  You are my Father, I am your child.  You are the potter, I am the clay.  I pray for all souls today, Father.  I pray you will turn us toward you, cleanse and purify our souls and then fill us with your truth and love.  Compel us to reach out, calling your name and taking hold of you from this day forward until you come again.  I ask this through Jesus, our Savior and Redeemer.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment