Saturday, July 26, 2014


Do you believe in Santa Claus?
There are a few icons that children cling to and believe in like Santa and the Easter Bunny.  I know some people who do not choose to allow their children the folly of believing in something that is not real but I see some value in it.
Believing in Santa teaches the foundations of faith.  We learn about this mysterious person who loves all children across the world and who longs to make each one happy by giving them something their heart desires.  He encourages them to be good and well behaved children and to some degree that works for most kids.  My kids still remember the presents that Santa gave them from a few years ago!
Eventually the belief in these unseen characters fades.  What remains is the foundation of faith; believing in something we could not see.
The Bible tells us we cannot see God’s face but we see his hand at work.  I cannot see his Spirit but I feel his Spirit it moves us to action or calls us to stillness.  I have not seen Jesus but I have read the accounts of those who did; I believe.
Faith is a gift from God – an assurance and conviction in Love.

Lord,

Thank you for the gift of faith.  There are many gifts you give us as we grow in you and I thank you for all of them.  Help us walk with you and abide in you more deeply so that our faith is strengthened and we are able to stand strength in the face of whatever may come.  I give all glory, honor, and praise you to this day and all days.  Hallelujah and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment